The Metropolitan Area Planning (MAP) Forum announces the fifth meeting of its Multi-State Freight Working Group on October 8, 2019 at 10:30 am. For security purposes, anyone interested in attending in person should use the following contact to RSVP no later than noon on Friday October 4, 2019: Carol Halper (email@example.com; 610. 264.4544). Please be sure and have a photo ID at the meeting location.
This notice can be downloaded here.
Fifth Meeting; Tuesday October 8, 2019 at 10:30 am Lehigh Valley Planning Commission 961 Marcon Boulevard, Allentown PA 18109 www.lvpc.org
The MAP Forum is a consortium of metropolitan planning organizations and councils of government in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania that have signed a Memorandum of Understanding for the coordination of planning activities in the multi-state metropolitan region.
- Welcome and Introductions (10:30 am – 10:40 am) – Becky A. Bradley, Lehigh Valley Planning Commission
- FUTURELV: The LVPC Regional Plan (10:40 am – 11:20 am) – Becky A. Bradley
- Updates on Freight Planning Studies, Activities & Issues (11:20 am – 12:00 pm)
- NYS Truck Forum – Steve Levine, TRANSCOM
- Update on the truck driver shortage and mitigation activities – Anne Strauss-Wieder, North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Hours of Service Proposed Changes (https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2019/08/22/2019-17810/hours-ofservice-of-drivers)
- NYS Freight Plan release – Jim Davis, New York State Department of Transportation
- Roundtable reports from MAP Forum members
- Inventory of Truck Parking Studies and Activities (11:45 am – 12:00 pm) – Gerry Bogacz, New York Metropolitan Transportation Council
- Future Working Group Activities (12:00 pm – 12:15 pm) — Group
- Next Meeting: Spring 2020 i. Issues for future consideration: rail freight; marine highways; Information gathering; workforce development; others?
- Adjourn (no later than 12:15 pm)
The MAP Forum complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and federal Limited English Proficiency guidelines. If you need special accommodations to participate in this meeting, or translation services, or American Sign Language, please contact Carol Halper (firstname.lastname@example.org; 610.264.4544) no later than Thursday October 3rd.