Recreation resources, watershed planning, and land/water/energy conservation are all considered in the Regional Plan of Conservation Development. An inventory of WestCOG efforts on these topical areas is provided below along with supporting resources.
WestCOG is working with municipalities and partner organizations to prepare communities to meet municipal separate storm sewer (MS4) permit requirements through collaborative solutions. Contact Mike Towle at WestCOG (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss potential stormwater solutions.
- MS4 support and resources are provided by UConn NEMO’s MS4 Guide
- Impervious Cover Statistics (by town, and watershed) [Not present but Nick can build this, currently do not include]
- Stormwater GIS Data
- Impervious Cover Webmap
- Regional Tree Census
- Norwalk Tree Census
- Open Space Inventory
- WestCOG is a Conservation Partner with Hudson to Housatonic (H2H)
- Saugatuck River Watershed Based Plan (2012)
- Mianus River Watershed Based Plan (2012)
- Five Mile River Watershed Based Plain (2012)
- Norwalk River Watershed Action Plan (2011)
An initiative to expand the and connect the recreational trail systems within the WestCOG region. Activities performed on this project include inventorying existing trails datasets, identifying opportunities for connectivity, performing outreach with stakeholders to initiate trail development, provide training for sustainable trail maintenance and design, provide research and support for grant applications, and finally to support the development of trails.
- Ives Trail Greenway
- Still River Greenway Report (2007)
- Norwalk Islands Canoe and Kayak Guide (2009)
- HV Greenway & River Trail Management Plan (2006)
The Electric Vehicle Study (2017) reports on the use and adoption of electric vehicles in our region, using data from the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles for model years 2011-2015.