The Western Connecticut Economic Development District (WCEDD) is a recognized Economic Development District (EDD) by the State of CT and the Federal Economic Development Agency (EDA). The WCEDD meets quarterly to promote, coordinate, implement, research economic development efforts within the region. These efforts are outlined within the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS).
Western Connecticut Economic Development Plan
Created in collaboration with the Region’s private sector and public input, the Western Connecticut Economic Development Plan is a Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS).
A CEDS is an EDA approved document that allows an EDD to effectively pursue grant funds through the EDA. A CEDS must provide annual reports on its progress and be updated every five years. An update requires reviewing existing strategies, and modifying the document to match the needs of the times. The current Economic Development Plan is scheduled to be updated in July 2022.
CEDS Annual Reports
The WCEDD Council follows requirements set by the EDA for a majority private sector composition and participation from a broad cross-section of the community including public officials, community leaders, business
organizations, the workforce development board for the Region, and others to assure diverse experience and representation.
Meetings are scheduled quarterly in (January, April, July, October) typically held held on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 1:00 PM. See the WCEDD Meetings Page for previously held meetings, agendas, and minutes.
- 10/14/2021 @ 1:00PM
- October 2017: WestCOG adopts the Economic Development Plan
- December 2017: State adopts the Economic Development Plan
- July 2018: Annual CEDS Performance Report for 2017 Due
- July 2019: Annual CEDS Performance Report for 2018 Due
- July 2020: Annual CEDS Performance Report for 2019 Due
- August 2020: – WCEDD Receives Federal EDD Designation
- April 2021: WCEDD Applies to EDA to update the Economic Development Plan for 2022-2027
- July 2021: Annual CEDS Performance Report for 2020 Due
- July 2022: Anticipated Invitation to EDA District Partnership.
- July 2022: CEDS 2022-2027 Five Year Update Due