Congestion Management Process
Per the Code of Federal Regulations §450.322, the transportation planning process must address congestion management in all Transportation Management Areas (TMA). The Bridgeport-Stamford TMA meets the criteria of a TMA with having a population over 200,000. It spans parts of the Housatonic Valley, South Western Region, Greater Bridgeport and Valley, Central Naugatuck Valley, and South Central Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPO). The 2023 Congestion Management Process Report was written in collaboration with the other Council of Governments covering these MPOs.
The Congestion Management Process (CMP) includes the following elements:
- Develop Regional Objectives
- Define the CMP Network
- Develop Mutimodal Performance Measures
- Collect Data and Monitor System Performance
- Analyze Congestion Problems and Needs
- Identify and Assess Strategies
- Program and Implement Strategies
- Evaluate Strategy Effectiveness
The Congestion Management Process 2023: Bridgeport-Stamford, CT-NY TMA can be found here.