WestCOG coordinates with its member municipalities to define and advocate for legislative priorities. A list of legislative priorities and WestCOG’s testimony regarding legislative activity are provided below.
Testimony for House and Senate Bills
- House Bill No. 5124, An Act Concerning Revisions to Certain Economic and Community Development-Related Statutes
- Senate Bill 202, An Act Concerning Property Tax Abatement for Certain First-Time Homebuyers.
- House Bill No. 5205, An Act Concerning Fair Rent Commissions.
- Senate Bill 168, An Act Establishing a Right to Housing
- Senate Bill 21, An Act Concerning a State-wide Property Tax on Certain Residential Real Property.
- Senate Bill 169, An Act Concerning a Study of the Effects of Affordable Housing Policies in the State.
- House Bill 5043, An Act Concerning Motor Vehicle Assessment.
- House Bill 5269, An Act Concerning Remote Meetings under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Senate Bill 215, An Act Concerning the Development of a Transportation Engineering Recruitment Program.
- Senate Bill 216, An Act Concerning the Expansion of Passenger Rail Service on the Waterbury Branch of the Metro-North Commuter Railroad.