Danbury and New Fairfield Route 37 Corridor Study
WestCOG, in collaboration with the City of Danbury and Town of New Fairfield, is developing the Danbury and New Fairfield Corridor Study for Route 37 between I-84 Exit 6 in Danbury to 0.2 mile north of Route 39 in New Fairfield.
The major objectives of this study are to discover solutions to alleviate traffic congestion levels, improve pedestrian mobility, and to promote healthy and environmentally friendly modes of transportation. Specifically, the following improvements will be considered:
- Reduced congestion in key sections during peak hours,
- Improved safety at problem intersections,
- Adequate paved shoulder widths,
- Safe pedestrian connections (sidewalks, crosswalks, etc.), and
- The feasibility for a potential multi-use trail / sidepath between Saw Mill Road and Bear Mountain Reservation.
While emphasizing the enhancement of capacity, safety, and multi-modal options along the Route 37, the study will also consider smart growth planning, more livable, economically sustainable communities, and complete streets.
What is the schedule? When will the study be completed?
What will the products of the study be?
Based on public and stakeholder input, field data, existing plans, and design options acceptable to stakeholders, the study product will be a conceptual plan for future design and construction of improvements or projects within the corridor. This study will result in a coordinated land use and transportation system plan for the Route 37 in this study area.
The study will establish short and long term goals to improve upon the traveling infrastructure. It will also develop recommendations to improve mobility in these two municipalities.
- Route 37 Road Safety Audit, 2017
- HVMPO Long Range Transportation Plan, 2019-2045
- Draft 2020-2030 Western Connecticut Regional Plan of Conservation and Development
Please check back regularly to stay updated on the development of this study. If you would like to receive email notifications for meetings and workshops, please contact project manager Ariana Vera at email@example.com!