June 3, 2022; 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
The Metropolitan Area Planning (MAP) Forum announces its 2022 Spring Meeting on Friday June 3, 2022 at 10:30 am. This meeting will be hosted by the Naugatuck Valley Council of Governments as a webinar. Registration for the meeting webinar can be accessed below.
- Welcome and Introductions (10:30 am – 10:40 am) – Rick Dunne, Naugatuck Valley Council of Governments
- Welcoming Remarks (10:40 am – 10:50 am) – Mayor Neil O’Leary, City of Waterbury & Chair, Naugatuck Valley Council of Governments
- Keynote (10:50 am – 11:05 am) — Rail Service and the Post-Pandemic Market
Fred Nangle, Deputy Director, Service Planning Projects Operations Planning & Analysis
MTA Metro-North Railroad
- Regional Issues (11:05 am – 11:45 PM)
a. COVID survey results — Mark Abraham, DataHaven
b. Route 8 and Waterbury Rail Line Alternative Modes Assessment – Mark Nielsen, Naugatuck Valley Council of Governments
- Public Participation (11:45 am – 12:00 pm)
- Work Program Activities (12:00 pm – 12:25 pm)
a. Multi-State Freight Working Group – Anne Strauss-Wieder, North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority
b. Multi-State Resilience Working Group – Meghan Sloan, Connecticut Metropolitan Council of Governments
c. MAP Forum Hub – Gabrielle Fausel, North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority
- Next meeting and agenda items (12:25 pm – 12:30 pm) – Rick Dunne
- Adjourn (no later than 12:30 pm)
The MAP Forum is a consortium of ten metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs) and councils of government (COGs) in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania that have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for the coordination of planning activities in the multi-state metropolitan region.
The MAP Forum complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and federal Limited English Proficiency guidelines. If you need special accommodations to participate in this meeting, or translation services, please contact NYMTC-Public-Info@dot.ny.gov no later than 72 hours prior to the meeting.