Recreation resources, watershed planning, and land/water/energy conservation are all considered in the Regional Plan of Conservation Development. An inventory of WestCOG efforts on these topical areas is provided below along with supporting resources.
Winter Maintenance Training
A run down on environmentally-friendly and cost-effective winter maintenance techniques.
Through a partnership with Sustainable CT, WestCOG hosts Sustainable CT Fellows each summer to support communities within the Sustainable CT Certification Program. The partnership began in 2018.
Sustainable CT 2019 Fellow Report
Sustainable CT 2018 Fellow Report
- Regional Tree Census
- Norwalk Tree Census
- Open Space Inventory
- WestCOG is a Conservation Partner with Hudson to Housatonic (H2H)
- Saugatuck River Watershed Based Plan (2012)
- Mianus River Watershed Based Plan (2012)
- Five Mile River Watershed Based Plain (2012)
- Norwalk River Watershed Action Plan (2011)