WestCOG offers a free winter maintenance training video to train public works staffers on considerations and best practices when it comes to treating those roads. The video is hosted on youtube and covers topics such as pre-season prep, pre-treatment before the storm, and recommendations during the storm.
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:15 Environmental & Infrastructure Concerns
- 24:25 Pre-Season Preparation & Site Inspection
- 40:54 Calibration
- 1:02:11 Pre Treatment: Before the Storm
- 1:59:15 During the Storm Activities
- 2:34:15 Summary of Winter Maintenance Training
Winter Maintenance Report
This guide endeavors to provide practical best management guidelines while recognizing the inherent difficulties of planning for and responding to winter storms in New England.
This report serves as guidelines and should not be construed as appropriate for all applications, road conditions, or winter storm events. It is the experience, discretion, and resourcefulness of public works professionals that make it possible to maintain passable and safe road networks.