The Western Connecticut Council of Governments (WestCOG) is seeking several qualified candidates to serve as Mapping Technicians to assist member municipalities in meeting the State of Connecticut’s Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System Permit (MS4 Permit) mapping requirements. This internship is for the autumn of 2023.
- Field data collection (up to 7 hours a day, navigating road edges in various weather conditions).
- Utilize mobile device and GIS applications to collect field data.
- Embrace safety protocols during field collection along roadsides.
- Communicate data collection challenges to WestCOG project manager.
- Digitizing features using ArcGIS Pro
- Other tasks as assigned.
For position details and information on how to apply please click on the button below.