Attention Connecticut Clean Diesel Stakeholders! Connecticut DERA Solicitation Now Open!
Please see attached invitation for a Clean Diesel funding opportunity.
Once again, EPA is providing funding to Connecticut for clean diesel projects. The 2023 program is very similar to the 2022 program with regard to eligibility and the maximum incentives available for Diesel Emission Reduction Act (DERA) projects. A complete list of eligible projects is provided in the attached 2023 Guidance for State DERA Project Proposals (2023 DERA Guidance). Additional information regarding this opportunity may be found on EPA’s website.
If you are considering a replacement proposal, be aware that the replaced vehicle or engine must meet EPA’s eligibility standards. You should also be aware of the following:
EPA’s Eligibility Restrictions on Diesel Replacement Projects:
· Replacements with EV equivalents may include charging infrastructure.
· Replacing a diesel truck or bus: Diesel vehicles must be Class 5 or above. Most on-highway projects are limited to vehicles with 2009 or older engine model years, with some exceptions for EV replacements.
· Replacing nonroad diesel equipment: Each piece of equipment must meet EPA’s eligibility standards, including remaining useful life.
· Replacing or upgrading marine engines: Upgrades must be to a higher Tier marine engine standard. Marine engines that are already Tier 4 cannot be upgraded with these funds and there are limits on replacing Tier 3 engines.
· Replacing marine vessels and locomotives: Such replacements are allowed with 2023 funds.
Submit your proposal on the form available by clicking on the button below, and can also be found at: https://portal.ct.gov/DEEP/Air/Mobile-Sources/DERA-Grants. Proposals are due by 4:00 p.m. on December 15, 2023.