Recent events have driven a push to examine patterns and trends in household location. WestCOG is supporting this conversation with data, looking beyond the borders of Connecticut to compare the state and region to the Northeast and to metropolitan areas throughout the United States. WestCOG’s presentation draws on Census data and primarily quantitative methods.
Category Archives: News
Public Notice for the 2020 Annual MAP Forum
The Metropolitan Area Planning (MAP) Forum announces its 2020 Annual Meeting. Due to the current public health emergency, this meeting will be held as a webinar.
Register for the MAP Forum Webinar
Friday December 4, 2020 at 10:00 am – 12:15 PM
Meeting Agenda (printable version)
- Welcome and Introductions (10:00 am – 10:05 am) – Mary D. Ameen, North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority
- Regional Issue: The Future of Work (10:05 am – 10:45 am)
- The Future of the Office — Oliver Schaper and Wendy Andrew-Doele, Gensler
- The Future of Commutation – Kaan Ozbay, C2SMART Center, Tandon School of Engineering, New York University
- Emerging Trends (10:45 am – 11:15 am)
- 2055 Socio Economic and Demographic Forecasts – Debra Nelson, New York Metropolitan Transportation Council and Tina Lund, Urbanomics
- Emerging Trends from the Pandemic and Vaccine Distribution – Anne Strauss-Wieder, North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority
- Emerging Resiliency Initiatives – Meghan Sloan, Connecticut Metropolitan Council of Governments and Jennifer Fogliano, North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority
- Lightning Round on Long Range Plans by MAP Forum Members (11:15 am – 11:45 am)
- Public Participation (11:45 am – 12:00 pm) (Reserved for registered participants on a first come, first served basis by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:30 am on the meeting day. Remarks will be limited to no more than three minutes. Total time available for public participation is 15 minutes.)
- Closing Remarks & Adjourn (no later than 12:15 pm) – Mary D. Ameen
The MAP Forum is a consortium of ten metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs) and councils of government (COGs) in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania that have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for the coordination of planning activities in the multi-state metropolitan region.
The MAP Forum complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and federal Limited English Proficiency guidelines. If you need special accommodations to participate in this meeting, or translation services, please contact email@example.com no later than 72 hours prior to the meeting.
HVNEMBA hosts Trail school
The Housatonic Valley Chapter of the New England Mountain Bike Association is hosting Trail School on April 26th from 8:30AM to 3:00PM! More information and registration instructions are under the cut.Continue reading HVNEMBA hosts Trail school
The february newsletter has arrived
Our monthly publication has news, project updates, grant opportunities, and events for the Region. In this month’s issue we have some exciting news about Newtown’s Al’s Trail, WestCOG’s new Regional Map Viewer, a Land Conservation conference, and more!Continue reading The february newsletter has arrived
Connecticut Land conservation council hosts 36th annual ct land conservation conference
The Connecticut Land Conservation Council will be hosting their 36th Land Conservation Conference on Saturday, March 21st. More details and registration instructions under the cut.Continue reading Connecticut Land conservation council hosts 36th annual ct land conservation conference
Newtown Bike and Trails Committee hosts open house
On Sunday, March 8 at the Newtown Community Center, the Bike and Trails Committee will be hosting an open house to inform the public about opening opportunities to outdoor recreation! More information and registration instructions are below the cut.Continue reading Newtown Bike and Trails Committee hosts open house
WESTCOG LEGISLATIVE LUNCHEON
Please join us for our annual Legislative Reception and Luncheon to meet our regions’ mayors, first selectmen, and our state lawmakers. This is an opportunity to come together and discuss priorities for our region for the 2020 legislative session on Thursday, February 13th! RSVP instructions under the cut.Continue reading WESTCOG LEGISLATIVE LUNCHEON
Transit Roundtable: Successes, Challenges and Your Community
Join us at the Transit Roundtable: Successes, Challenges and Your Community at the Norwalk City Hall Community Room on Tuesday, January 28th, 9-11AM. Please register, more information after the cut:Continue reading Transit Roundtable: Successes, Challenges and Your Community